Fundraising Tips and Tools
Fundraise, Earn Prizes, & Support the Jimmy Fund!
Getting started is easy. Check out our tips and tools below to help you reach and surpass your fundraising goals. Remember that all funds raised go to ensuring better outcomes for patients being treated at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
START RAISING FUNDS WITH 3 SIMPLE STEPS
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PAGE
Customize your team's fundraising page with a photo and story of why you’re raising funds for the Jimmy Fund.
SPREAD THE WORD
Email friends, family, and coworkers to tell them about Rally. Ask them to join your team or donate to your fundraising page.
Share your fundraising page on social media and ask for donations. Every donation, no matter how big or small, counts!
Gifts may be collected online by credit card as well as checks and money orders. For those who would prefer to mail a check, make sure to include a completed Cash/Check Deposit Form in each deposit envelope. If your company participates by matching gifts, be sure to include a matching gift form.
Mail contributions to:
The Jimmy Fund
C/O Rally Against Cancer
10 Brookline Place West, 6th Floor
Brookline, MA 02445-7226
For more information, review the FAQs.
Fundraising Event Ideas
Below are a few creative fundraising activities to reach your goal. Don’t forget to check out our “Fun Ways to Fundraise” guide for additional ideas.
Host a Virtual Event
- 2022 Red Sox Schedule (PDF) – Save the date for Opening Day and rally all throughout the 2022 season!
- Rally Against Cancer Handbook (PDF) – Not sure where to start? Use this handbook for all things Rally!
- How to Rally Against Cancer (Infographic) (PDF) – Use this simple infographic to learn how to Rally to success.
- Creative Ways to Fundraise Virtually (PDF) – Check out this guide for creative fundraising ideas.
- Facebook Fundraiser How-To (PDF) – Learn the correct way to set up your Rally Facebook Fundraiser for success.
- Zoom Backgrounds (Dropbox folder) – Get ready for Red Sox Opening Day with these baseball-themed Fenway Zoom backgrounds.
- "I Rally" video – Hear from Rally’s patient partners and Team Captains and send the link to teammates for inspiration.
- Goal Tracker (PDF) – Use this sheet to share your team’s goals and track your progress
- 5 Steps to a Virtual Fundraiser (PDF) – Learn how to form your own virtual fundraiser with these simple steps.
- DIY Bingo (PDF) – Plan a family-friendly Bingo night to add the fun in fundraising!
- Fundraising App FAQs (PDF) – Learn how our mobile app can help you fundraise on the go and reach your goals
- Impact of your Giving (PDF) – Find out how every dollar you fundraise directly impacts patients at Dana-Farber.
- Livestreaming 101 (PDF) – New to the virtual fundraising event space? Learn how to make a livestream event with these tips.
- Virtual Fundraising Ideas (PDF) – Brainstorm new and creative ways to fundraise safely during COVID-19.
- Where Your Money Goes (PDF) – Tell your friends, family, and colleagues how their gift is making a difference.
- Impact of your Giving video – Share this video with supporters to demonstrate the impact of their gifts.