Fundraising Tips and Tools
- Log in to your Participant Center to customize your fundraising page and URL. Participants who update their page with a story or photo raise an average of 18 times more than those who do not.
- Utilize social media by sharing your personal or team URL and joining the Walk community Facebook group.
- Download our customizable email templates to send to your friends and family.
- Plan an event.
Every dollar raised is one step closer to defying cancer. Donations may be collected online by credit card, as well as checks and money orders. Your donors can also support your walk through matching gifts, gifts of stock, and donor advised funds.
Mail contributions* to:
Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk
P.O. Box 3595
Boston, MA 02241
*Include your name, # of checks, and your Participant ID on the outside of your envelope. Include your name and Participant ID on each check's memo line.
For more information, review the FAQs.
Note: To open Word documents in Chrome, copy and paste document link into the browser.
- Event Handbook (PDF) – Everything you need to know for Walk weekend.
- Newsletter Template (Word) – Customize to share updates and news with teammates, family, and friends.
- Press Release Template (Word) – Gain media support for your walk by customizing and sharing your own press release.
- Posters and Certificates (PDF) – Customize and display to publicize your participation and thank your donors.
- Editable Hero Poster (PDF) – Make your own Hero poster for someone you are walking in support of.
- Zoom Backgrounds – Display your support of the Jimmy Fund on your next Zoom call. Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4
- Business Cards – Hand out Jimmy Fund Walk business cards to encourage registrations and donations. Email us to order.
- Participant Center Guide (PDF) – Use this to update your fundraising page, send out emails, and more.
- Gift Pyramids (PDF) – Use these guides to help you reach your fundraising minimum and become a Pacesetter.
- Fundraising App FAQs (PDF) – Learn how our mobile app can help you fundraise on the go and reach your goals.
- Creative Ways to Fundraise – Read this blog for resources and ideas on how to host a virtual fundraiser.
- Your Impact in Action Video – See the tangible impact of your support and learn how you are fueling Dana-Farber’s progress and improving the lives of patients.
- Where the Money Goes (PDF) – Read how your fundraising dollars directly support Dana-Farber patients.
- The Dana-Farber Campaign (PDF) – Learn how your participation in the Jimmy Fund Walk helps support The Dana-Farber Campaign and Dana-Farber’s efforts to defy cancer.
- Dana-Farber Milestones (PDF) – Check out Dana-Farber achievements and breakthroughs from this past year.
- Dana-Farber Awards & Honors – A selection of awards recently earned by Dana-Farber and our staff.
- Impact Magazine – This magazine features stories on the participants, corporations, foundations, and events that support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
- Paths of Progress – This publication highlights the impact of philanthropy and provides tangible examples of progress to share with your donors.
Promote Your Walk
Impact of Your Giving
- Social Media Guide and Toolkit (PDF) – Step-by-step tips to promote your fundraising on social media.
- Social Media Fundraising Graphics – A Dropbox collection of graphics you can download and use for all your social media fundraising needs.
- “I’m Living Proof” Button – Share your cancer journey with the world. View Button
- “What Cancer Cannot Do” Cards (25 cards/pack) – Wallet-sized cards with an inspirational message. View Cards
- Team Lawn Sign – Customizable; let others know you are participating to earn their support. View Team Lawn Sign
- Notecards (20 cards/pack) – Personalize your thank you with Jimmy Fund Walk notecards. View Notecards
- Roll Banner – Promote the Jimmy Fund Walk by hanging this banner. One square is 36” by 36” and please indicate how many squares you would like us to send. View Roll Banner
- Walk Starter Kit – A variety of supplies to support your Jimmy Fund Walk including stickers, banners, and more!
- Walk Kid's Starter Kit – A variety of supplies to support youth Jimmy Fund Walks including stickers, banners, coloring pages, and more!