This year I will participate in my 12th Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk and take steps to change the odds for patients facing cancer, for my son and my Dad.
My son is celebrating 12 AMAZING years off treatment this coming fall and we are very blessed to be so lucky. I walk because every step is a step for finding better treatment options and possibly a cure for Pediatric Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) Brain Tumors. I walk for all our friends who are battling cancer and for those that have angel wings. I walk because I love my son and want him to live a long life. And this year I also walk for my Dad, who has walked beside me each year doing the Jimmy Fund Walk, and this year is fighting his own cancer battle. We need continued research to help them. Please support my walk.
Please consider donating one dollar for each of the below items that are a part of Declan's life:
- MRIs - $31 (as of Dec 2018)
- Radiation treatments - $30
- Rounds (about 1 week each round) of Chemotherapy - $57
- Miles round trip our house to Dana-Farber - $112
- Approximate number of blood and platlet transfusions - $207
- Approximate number of nights in hospital - $267
- Days in active treatment - $484
- Days cancer has directly impacted his life (as of 3/12/19) - $4650
- Or consider donating $100 for each year Declan has been off treatment: $1100 (off treatment since October 2007)
Thank you for supporting Dana-Farber & the Jimmy Fund. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.