On Sunday, September 22, I will lace up my sneakers to walk along the world-renowned 26.2 mile Boston Marathon® course in the 2017 Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk presented by Hyundai!
I've committed to raise at least $1500. I’ve set my goal high because I know the money raised by the Jimmy Fund Walk’s top fundraisers, an elite group known as Pacesetters, is crucial to the innovative cancer research and exceptional patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Will you make a gift of at least $26.20 or more to support the incredible work being done at Dana-Farber and help me become a Pacesetter?
Conquering cancer is important to me because, as many of you know, my mom passed away from cancer in 1989. She was only 56 years old. I want to do what I can to help to prevent or cure this disease. I do this walk to honor my mom, Barbara Dunn.
The money raised by Pacesetters for the Jimmy Fund Walk helps to:
* Advance Dana-Farber’s signature total patient care by enhancing patient and family programs, such as nutrition education, art and music therapy, and the pediatric Back to School Program.
*Fund hundreds of clinical trials, which lead to the development of new cancer fighting drugs.
* Maintain a world-class facility by attracting and retaining the highest caliber faculty, and recruiting young, promising, innovative scientists and clinicians from around the globe.
It's easy to have an impact on this important and universal cause. You can:
- Make a gift online by visiting JimmyFundWalk.org and click "Give Now". Then, search for my name and follow the instructions on my fundraising page to make a gift to support my walk online.
- Send in a check: Write a check payable to "Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk" with my name and participant ID 1004602 in the memo line and send it directly to the Jimmy Fund Walk lockbox:
Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk
P.O. Box 3595
Boston, MA 02241-3595
- I would also be grateful if you would check with your employer's human resources department to find out if your organization will match your gift and double the impact!
Cancer touches all of us. I am doing my part to help conquer this disease and with your help, we can move closer to the ultimate finish line: a world without cancer.
Thank you in advance for your generosity! I appreciate your support.