This year I will participate in my 13th Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, and take steps to change the odds for patients facing cancer, for my son and in memory of Dad. Thirteen is my Memere’s lucky number – and she is 102 so she knows a thing a two about lucky numbers.
My son is celebrating 13 AMAZING years off treatment this coming fall and we are very blessed to be so lucky. I walk because every step is a step for finding better treatment options and possibly a cure for Pediatric Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) Brain Tumors. I walk for all our friends who are battling cancer and for those that have angel wings. I walk because I love my son and want him to live a long life. I walk because I miss my Dad, and all the the years of training walks and JFW walks we shared together. We need continued research to help others. Please support my walk.
Please consider donating one dollar for each of the below items that are a part of Declan's life:
- MRIs - $32 (as of Dec 2019)
- Radiation treatments - $30
- Rounds (about 1 week each) of Chemotherapy - $57
- Miles round trip our house to Dana-Farber - $112
- Approximate number of blood and platlet transfusions - $207
- Approximate number of nights in hospital - $267
- Days in active treatment - $484
- Days cancer has directly impacted his life (as of 7/26/20) - $5152
- Or consider donating $100 for each year Declan has been off treatment: $1300 (off treatment since October 2007)
Thank you for supporting Dana-Farber & the Jimmy Fund. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.