Fundraising Tips and Tools
- Log in to your Participant Center to customize your fundraising page and URL. Participants who update their page with a story or photo raise an average of 18 times more than those who do not.
- Utilize social media by sharing your personal or team URL, starting a Facebook Fundraiser, and joining the Walk community Facebook group.
- Download our customizable email templates to contact to your friends and family.
- Plan an event.
Every dollar raised is one step closer to conquering cancer. Donations may be collected online by credit card, as well as checks and money orders. Your donors can also support your walk through matching gifts, gifts of stock, and donor advised funds.
Mail contributions* to:
Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk
P.O. Box 3595
Boston, MA 02241
*Include your name, # of checks, and your Participant ID on the outside of your envelope. Include your name and Participant ID on each check's memo line.
For more information, review the FAQs.
Note: To open Word documents in Chrome, copy and paste document link into the browser.
- Newsletter Template (Word) – Customize to share updates and news with teammates, family, and friends.
- Press Release Template (Word) – Gain media support for your walk by customizing and sharing your very own press release. Interested in learning about media opportunities? Contact JimmyFund@Brodeur.com.
- “Support Me” Flyer (PDF) – Proudly display to let everyone know you’re walking, volunteering, or participating virtually.
- “Support My Event” Flyer (PDF) – Customize and display to publicize your fundraising and track your progress.
- Appreciation Certificate (PDF) – Thank your donors for their support.
- Small Poster (PDF) – Promote the Walk at your company, local businesses, or your fundraising events.
- Zoom Backgrounds – Proudly display your support of the Jimmy Fund on your next zoom call with these Walk branded zoom backgrounds. Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4
- Social Media Guide and Toolkit (PDF) – Use this for step by step tips to promote your fundraising on social media.
- Fundraising App FAQs (PDF) – Learn how our mobile app can help you fundraise on the go and reach your goals.
- Business Cards – We have customized Jimmy Fund Walk business cards that you can hand out to encourage registrations and donations. Please email JimmyFundWalk@dfci.harvard.edu to place an order.
- Participant Center Guide Video – Learn how to navigate your Participant Center.
- Reaching Your Fundraising Minimum (PDF) – Use this guide to help you reach your fundraising minimum.
- Become a Pacesetter (Raise $1,500) (PDF) – Join an elite group of fundraisers.
- Fundraising on Facebook (PDF) – Important tips for holding a Facebook Fundraiser.
- Creative Ways to Fundraise Virtually – Walkers of all ages can use this blog as a guide for resources and ideas on how to host a virtual fundraiser.
- Check back soon for additional guides.
- “I’m Living Proof” Button – Share your cancer journey with the world. View Button
- “What Cancer Cannot Do” Cards (25 cards/pack) – Wallet-sized cards with an inspirational message to include in your ask to supporters or to thank them for their donations. View Cards
- Notecards (20 cards/pack) – Personalize your thank you with Jimmy Fund Walk notecards. View Notecards
- Logo Only Lawn Sign – Create your own customized Lawn sign with the Jimmy Fund Walk logo. Put on display to show your support of the Jimmy Fund Walk or use to provide directions/info for your Walk. View Logo Only Lawn Sign
- Roll Banner – Promote the Jimmy Fund Walk by hanging this banner. One square is 36” by 36” and please indicate how many squares you would like us to send. View Roll Banner
- Virtual Walk Starter Kit – A variety of supplies to support your virtual Jimmy Fund Walk including stickers, banners, and more!
- Virtual Walk Kid's Starter Kit – A variety of supplies to support youth virtual Jimmy Fund Walks including stickers, banners, coloring pages, and more!
- Your Impact in Action Video – See the tangible impact of your support and learn how you are fueling Dana-Farber’s progress and improving the lives of patients.
- Where the Money Goes (PDF) – Read how your fundraising dollars directly support Dana-Farber patients.
- The Dana-Farber Campaign (PDF) – Learn how your participation in the Jimmy Fund Walk helps support The Dana-Farber Campaign and Dana-Farber’s efforts to defy cancer.