Teach your students the power of giving back by fundraising throughout the year with Scooper Schools. By participating in fundraising projects during the school year, students will learn the importance of charity and volunteerism, tap into their creativity and self-confidence, and make a difference in the lives of cancer patients. Plus, top fundraisers will earn great prizes, including free admission to the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl®!
To register, submit the registration form to Sarah_Condon@dfci.harvard.edu..
SCOOPER SCHOOLS GRAND PRIZES
Every participating Scooper School that raises $1,000 or more will be entered for the chance to win a private movie screening, in addition to their selected prize below.**
Earn free Scooper Bowl admission through fundraising
Raise $300 or more to earn free admission for 25 students/teachers or students and parents/guardians
Raise $600 or more to earn free admission for 50 students/teachers or students and parents/guardians
ROOT BEER FLOAT
Raise $1,000 or more to earn free admission for 100 students/teachers or students and parents/guardians
HOT FUDGE SUNDAE
Raise $1,500 or more to earn free admission for 150 students/teachers or students and parents/guardians
PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS RECEIVE:
- Support from our Scooper Schools liaison
- Fundraising ideas and resources, including an online fundraising page
- Jimmy Fund promotional items such as canisters, banners, and a “thermometer” to track progress
- A unique opportunity to learn communication and leadership skills while having fun and giving back
- Check out our “Fun Ways to Fundraise” guide for tips on hosting an event
- Provide students with a sample fundraising letter or email to encourage donations (to open the letter in Chrome, copy and paste document link into the browser)
- Post on social media with the hashtag #ScooperBowl to encourage family and friends to support your efforts
**Schools who win the Red Sox tickets are not eligible to win the private movie screening and will not be entered into the drawing. The number of attendees for the private movie screening prize will be subject to movie theater capacity and current COVID-19 restrictions. In the event that a group private movie screening is not possible, students from the winning classroom will each receive 4 movie tickets to go with parents/guardians. Transportation to the private movie screening will not be provided.